Another year another list of books that I read in 2011. I never read as much as I want/should.
- Why We Get Fat (11/1/2011)
- Start Small, Stay Small – Audiobook (30/1/2011)
- Never Let Go (2/2/2011)
- Ignore Everybody (10/2/2011)
- The Hero Handbook (21/2/2011)
- Mindfulness in Plain English (3/3/2011)
- Programming Amazon EC2 (18/3/2011)
- How to Make Money (7/3/2011)
- Eloquent Ruby (6/5/2011)
- Snow Crash (18/5/2011)
- Get out of Jail Free Card (19/5/2011)
- Hyperion (6/6/2011)
- Anything You Want (1/7/2011)
- The Fall of Hyperion (29/7/2011)
- Motorcycle Roadcraft (6/9/2011)
- Sport Riding Techniques (20/9/2011)
- Recipes with Backbone (19/12/2011)
- The Secrets of the Rainmakers (20/12/2011)
- The Lean Startup (25/12/2011)
The only book that really stands out for me this year is “Hyperion”. I don’t usually read fiction, but on this occasion I’m extremely glad I did. Never before has a book gripped me as much as this one did. And excellent story which had me desperate to keep going to find out what happened. “Why we get fat” is a very good book on the basics of the modern science behind the obesity epidemic spreading across the world. I found it very hard to read Gary Taubes previous book “Good Calories, Bad Calories”, but this was extremely easy to take in.
I certainly want to be able to read more in 2012. But that’s something I say every year.